Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We finally told everyone!!

From Ray this time.....Well, it is now Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This is the first real opportunity that I have had to follow up with a post, and have plenty to write. We finally told everyone on Thanksgiving. It worked out better than I expected. I was able to bring in a gym bag with the gifts for the mom's, and put the gift bags in the dining room without anyone noticing. Everyone was so wrapped up in getting the dinner ready, they didn't even notice what I was doing.

Going back a bit, .... Sarah's mom arrived on Wednesday night, and immediately said something to Sarah and I about her aunt Sarah asking if she was pregnant already. We told her that it was way to early, and she would just have to wait.

Thursday morning Cathy, Tommy, Sarah and I were all having conversations about potential vacation destinations and timeframes for 2008. Her mom magically focused in on the first week in June. Also the week before Sarah is due. We let her continue on with her planning as if nothing was wrong with that date. Only problem is Cathy really likes to run with something when she gets going. I thought she would be trying to put a deposit down before we even get to tell her!!

Back to dinner at my Mom's....we were finally able to show my Mom the wedding pics from the photographer. I mention this because my Mom thinks that we are going to give the family pictures from the wedding.

Dinner was very nice, my Mom went overboard, as usual, and everything was delicious. I looked at Sarah multiple times during the meal(she was sitting just to my right), and she hadn't eaten a thing. I knew that she was really nervous about telling everyone. As the meal is ending, I went over to the couch, and grabbed the gifts. I announced to everyone that Sarah and I had early Xmas gifts for the moms, but that they had to open them at the same time.

I wish that I could have seen both moms reactions, but I was across from Cathy and next to my Mom. What I did see was priceless though. . . . .

Both moms did open at basically the exact same time. Cathy's face went from confusion to disbelief to crying in excitement in about 1 second. I will remember that moment for the rest of my life. It was amazing. My Mom started crying when she realized as well, and then the celebration, and more importantly, the explaining began!!

We told everyone how we had known for a while now, and how we planned on telling everyone. It was all very exciting. I was able to talk to all of my aunts and uncles who weren't in attendance as my mom was calling everyone. Most importantly, I was able to talk to Nanna to tell her the good news. She seemed somewhat overwhelmed with excitement as well.

The love fest continued until we had to leave to drop off a friend that joined us for dinner at the train station. It was a magical night, and it is such a relief really to finally be able to talk about it.

On a side note, we were unable to hear the baby's heart beat when we went to the doctor's last time. We were both disappointed, but I was more focused on the fact that the doctor said that both mom and baby seemed healthy. There is time for that later.

As Sarah wrote earlier, we have much to be thankful for!!

No comments: