Friday, November 9, 2007

9 weeks today

Okay so I decided it was time for another post...don't know why, just felt like writing.

We have our first pre-natal doctors appt on Wednesday and we are both so excited. Hopefully, I'll get another ultrasound cause I can't wait to see peanut again. Maybe this time he or she will look more like a baby with like an actual head and legs and stuff and less like well...a peanut. I also am dying to hear the heartbeat. Hopefully, I'm far enough along to hear it. It will def take away some of the anxiety I am feeling. The past few days I haven't been feeling as sick and tired as I was before. And those two bumps on my chest don't seem so noticeable. It makes me worried that something is wrong. I am however, starting to show in my belly. My fat pants are feeling quite snug lately and I have to drive around with the top button undone when I'm wearing jeans. I almost forgot to snap back up a couple times already.

Maybe I'm feeling better because I think I've finally figured out how to fight the nausea. See, its simple really and I wish I knew to do this before but this is my first time so I'm dumb. All I've got to do is keep my belly full. Before since I was feeling sick and gross, I couldn't fathom eating anything. I actually couldn't watch tv commercials because looking at food was making it worse. So naturally, I'm now eating 8 meals a day and drinking tons of water and I think that's the trick, for me anyway. So, I'm afraid to stop eating basically, for fear of not being able to get anything down again. That probably explains my growing waistline, but I don't care. It'll all be worth it.

Ray of course as been very patient and supportive. He normally does the grocery shopping on the weekends but the other night I was craving Apple Jacks. I'm not really having cravings yet, its just that all I want to eat is cereal and bland foods. Anything to busy with too much flavor makes me ill. He wanted to make tacos for dinner that night ---um, no. Being a good husband he asked me to put together a list and went right away to the store. Half of what was on my list will probably go uneaten but just the thought that the bland food and cereal is in the house is extremely comforting.

I asked Lily today if she wanted a brother or a sister and she licked herself and left the room---a sister I guess?

More later....!

No comments: