Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One more day...

One more day until we get to tell everyone our news. We are both very excited to share the news and now we can finally start talking about our new addition openly with everyone else too. I came up with a cute idea for how we will tell our Moms. Since the Moms will be with us tomorrow, we bought our mom's each a baby bib that say "I Love My Grandma" and were going to give them their bibs tomorrow at Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully they will figure it out!! The Dads will just have to settle on a phone call! Josh and Lisa and my cousin Vanessa already know. Vanessa was visiting last week and so I decided to tell her and Ray wanted badly himself to tell someone so we agreed that he could tell his best friend Josh if I could tell my best friend Lisa. Lisa freaked out and I think is still freaking out. She will be a fantastic Aunt.

I am starting to feel better, just still anxious about the baby. We were not able to hear the heartbeat at our appointment last week. The nurse didn't even try to find it because she said it was still a little early and it would be harder to hear since my uterus is facing the wrong way. Apparently its not uncommon for uteruses to be backwards and by the time I give birth she said it will most likely have turned around. I hope so, cause that throws off the whole picture of what I thought my anatomy looked like and now I'm confused as to how it all works! She did says that everything looked normal and was "growing" just fine. Growing I am, as I def have a bump and in the next few weeks will probably need to start wearing maternity clothes. However, no ultrasound until 20 weeks! That's crazy. I guess I thought that I would get another one before then, but no. Our next appointment is in 3 weeks, so hopefully by then we can hear the heartbeat.

Ray has been so supportive with everything. Besides being my personal chef, he's doing almost of of the work around the house and hasn't complained once. The nurse gave us a lot of material on foods to eat during pregnancy and foods to avoid. Ray went out and stocked up on all sorts of food that is suggested to be better for the health and development of the baby. He even replaced my albacore tuna with regular tuna because of the higher mercury content in albacore.
I'm starting to get some energy back but still can't be on my feet for too long. While shopping last weekend, I had to sit and eventually had to leave the store because I got really dizzy and light-headed. Good thing I sit at a desk all day at work. I don't know how pregnant women who work on their feet all day must do it. I get dizzy walking from my car into work. Thankfully the nausea has almost disappeared and I have my appetite back. Everything that I've read claims that I should be feeling much better within the next couple of weeks. I had no idea that the first trimester is this hard, but its almost over.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Happy Thanksgiving Peanut. We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: