Sunday, March 30, 2008

29 weeks



Hello again! We are so happy that baseball season is finally here. All of this college basketball stuff makes me want to throw up. We did the season ticket thing again this year of course but I'm not sure how many of the games I'll actually be able to make it too. I'm already finding myself waddling around and walking like an old lady. I've even turned into those women that I used to make fun of...ladies that put on socks and sneakers over their pantyhose and walk around on their lunch break. But yep, that me now. Sitting on a chair at work for 10 hours a day is not to kind on a pregnant womans' back. So I started walking the trails at work and it helps a little, but I'm so out of shape that the first day, I stretched out a calf muscle and spent the night in pain. On a side note, it's also become extremely difficult to do regular maintenance "down there." I cannot see anything without using a mirror and that could get dangerous. Oh the joys....!


Peanut seems to be a content little thing, but I'm not sure how "little" he or she is. Last night I was laying on the couch and told Ray to come over to feel the baby. So I put his hand directly on the spot where I felt the kicking (or punching) and as soon as he put his hand down, I got the hardest whack that I've felt thus far from Peanut. I actually yelped, it hurt so bad. I would like to think that was Peanut's way of showing off in front of Daddy and that the baby could actually sense Ray and maybe was responding to his voice but that seems a little far fetched! Either way, it hurt, a lot!!


My intuition that Peanut is a boy is becoming stronger every week. My Mom is quick to point out though that when she was pregnant with me, she and everyone else thought I was a boy too. If a baby girl pops out, I'm going to feel like a bad mother since my first instinct about my child was wrong!!


Have a good week.


BTW-Congratulations to Ray and Angie on their healthy baby boy born on March 24...Dominic Hunter.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
if a baby girl pops out, the only thing you'll think of is "Oh my god, how cute she is, I think I'll name her Catherine" (Just kidding).
love,
mama

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
At least now-a-days there are places where you can get a pedicure. Poor Uncle John got stuck doing my feet back then and he wasn't happy. There will be alot of things you won't be doing for several months (sorry Ray!!!
Baseball may keep you occupied)

Mike and Dawn said...

Sarah,

Just a quick question, are you expecting twins?

Mike