Saturday, March 15, 2008

27 weeks



I had my glucose test yesterday, that was not too fun. The stuff that they make you drink was pretty gross. It tasted like a very very sugary fruit punch. I actually felt nauseous after drinking it probably because of all of the sugar. Hopefully I passed the blood tests and don't have to go back for any more blood work.

Peanut seems pretty content, the movements this week were a little less obvious although at one point I think Peanut had a limb stuck up near my ribs. Cute, but uncomfortable! I also read that Peanut is probably measuring approximately 13-15 inches and weighs just over 2 lbs by now. Seems unreal!!

Ray is painting the nursery this weekend and soon we can start to decorate. It's all very exciting and June will be here before we know it and you know me--I'm a total worry wart and want everything ready for the baby way before then. He'a a little down that I didn't want to go to Florida this year to go to Red Sox spring training. It's the first time in 8 years that he hasn't gone and he likes to remind me of that everyday. I told him that he could still go by himself but that his soon to be child would be upset for leaving Mom home alone. It's a guilt trip but there are things around the house that have to get done before baby arrives. I'm nesting dammit!! When else in our lives will I be able to take advantage of all this? A women I work with told me that when she was pregnant she made her husband plant 20 trees around the perimeter of their house. I would say that Ray has had it pretty easy so far.

My Aunts have requested more frontal pictures instead of belly pictures so I'll put up both, even though I'm against the frontal pictures because my face is starting to get so fat....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah just remember, you don't look fat. you are pregnant.Aunt Agnes

Anonymous said...

Red Sox???? I thought Ray was a Phillies fan. I'll have to take back hat baby jersey!!!Sarah, you look beautiful but I wish I could say that in person. Auntie Carol

Anonymous said...

What color is the nursury?
Mama