Saturday, April 26, 2008

33 weeks


Today we had our childbirth preparation class...it was long but I thought it was really helpful. We practiced some breathing techniques and helpful "positions" for dealing with pain while in labor, but it was mostly informative. They also gave us a tour of the maternity unit at the hospital which was interesting. The labor and delivery rooms were new and didn't feel like hospital rooms at all so that was nice. However we were told that there is a 50% chance we might be sharing a room with a roommate after delivery. Although the maternity unit is new, it is sometimes too small to accommodate the amount of women who give birth there. So, they share rooms. Sharing a room with a stranger would be weird but hopefully I wont have to spend too much time there afterwards. We also got a glimpse of the nursery and saw four babies in there...they were too cute and one little guy was screaming his head off! Out of the 12 couples that were in the class, half knew what they were having and the other half didn't. Everyone that knew what they were having were all having girls. What are the chances? There was even someone expecting twin girls.


I'm up to 32 lbs. in total weight gain! Yikes! I'm having no cravings for junk food or anything what-so-ever and I'm eating healthier than I have in my life. The doctor wasn't concerned. He reassured me that I probably will only put on weight for the next 3 weeks and then the weight pretty much levels off after 36 weeks.


Next weekend my mother-in-law is giving me a shower, so I am excited for that...also excited to start filling up the nursery with baby things. I hope I get a newborn care manual. They do come with a manual don't they?


Mom, pick yourself up off the floor, I'm just kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute belly Sar-- Your mother and I almost got kicked out of our childbirth classes because we were in the back and instead of paying attention to the sour puss nurse who was running the class,we were laughing our heads off while we were rolling around the floor with our gigantic bellies. Ahh, the good ole days!!!

Anonymous said...

don't worry Sarah, mama will be there to help with little peanut.
love,
baby grandma

Anonymous said...

What to Expect the First Year was my bible! I can't believe Peanut is almost here already! You're going to be a great mom :)