Saturday, December 29, 2007

16 week update

There is a baby in there I swear! We know this because yesterday I had a little mishap that landed me in the doctor's office. Yesterday morning when I was outside with Lily I went to go start my car for work and slipped and fell on the ice on our deck. I didn't even see the ice, nor did I expect any to be there. It was 6:30am and still very dark but I hadn't thought it had gotten cold enough to freeze the rain that we had the night before. I fell on my backside but I fell pretty hard, almost landing on Lily who was terrified and couldn't go to the bathroom after that. I felt fine but called the doctor anyway. To my surprise, they told me that I needed to come in. So I went in and they checked on Peanut who was fine. Peanut was either staying still or has grown that much bigger, but the doctor found the heartbeat right away, 150bpm. Also, I've gained 7 lbs so far...but where??? So all is good with us and Daddy may have just won himself the responsibility of taking the dog out in the morning and starting Mom's car!

Peanut says: Happy 6 month Anniversary Mommy & Daddy! Also, Mommy told me that she thinks I am a boy. Mom has had 2 dreams within the past few weeks that I was a boy. We'll see...you know how scientific and accurate dreams are!!??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed you and Ray and the peanut yesterday at the Griffiths. Dawn and I were there and you would have made the third preggie amigo! Good to hear everything went well at the doc. I think you should give Ray car starting and lily duty at least till it gets warmer.

I think I'm having a boy too (no dreams, just my hunch), and so far everyone else who has gone on record with their guess thinks the same.